[vdr] Re: VDR 1.2.1 doesn't shutdown while recording

At Thursday, 12 June 2003, you wrote:

>Sergei Haller wrote:

>> If the user pressed the poweroff key during a recording and said
"shutdown
>> anyway", and wants the VDR machine to be turned off despite of
any running
>> or  ongoing  recordings, then his shutdown script should look
at the fifth
>> parameter: here is an excerpt from the INSTALL file of VDR:
>>
>> > The fifth parameter indicates the reason why the shutdown was
requested.
>> > '0'  means  this is an automatic shutdown due to some timeout,
while '1'
>> > means  that  this  is a user requested shutdown (resulting from
pressing
>> > the  "Power"  key).  The  shutdown  program  may use this information
>> > decide whether or not to actually perform the system shutdown.
>
>Very well spotted! Why didn't _I_ think of this? ;-)
>
>So, I guess this should answer the whole topic. The shutdown
>script _has_ all the information it needs, and if the mentioned
>parameter is 1 it's totally up to the script to force the shutdown.
>
>Klaus

But if I decide to shutdown how will this Box come up again?? The
Nvram-Wakeup gets now a wakeuptime before "NOW". I think its better
to send the next Timer event which is after "NOW". The last parameter
could be used for more status information (2-> active shutdown, but
currently recording). I havn't got this problem until now, because
normaly I stop first an useless recording an free the space again
on disc before I shut down the VDR.

Manfred

--
-------                   Manfred Schmidt-Voigt                  -------