[vdr] Re: Feature request: Preventing vdr(+DVD plug-in) from shutting down

Hi Klaus!

> VDR does check whether a replay session is currently going on.
> Have you tested this?

Nope - guess I missunderstood some (old) docu.

> > - /proc/vdr/no_shutdown (or anything like that) is set
> You can easily do this in your shutdown script (see the reply
> Christian Jacobsen posted in his message that unfortunately
> broke this thread :-( ).

That would mean that the shutdown-script has to keep running until the value
(maybe) changes. Then you have to "catch" the problem of the script being
called a second time...or what happens if the script crashes while waiting for
the value to change. IMHO (!) it would be easier/safer to have this
functionality inside vdr. But you're right, it's a possibility and I will look into
it.

Thanx!

bye
Salze