[vdr] Re: New firmware fixes memory sharing with OSD

Christian Jacobsen wrote:

> > Can you please try again with the latest firmware of today's CVS
> (firmware
> > version 2617)?
>
> OK, thanks :)
> I will try that tonight or tomorrow night.
>
> I recon this means the Complete Driver from CVS !?
> or only the Firmware with an older Driver ?

It should suffice to check out the new firmware.
But of course you can also get the entire driver from CVS.

> BTW. It really is our Mailserver breaking the threads. When downloading
> with SMTP it removes important parts of the headers.

And why is that? Wouldn't it be better to fix that obviously broken
mail server?

> I now have to use a
> "shitty" mail client that comes with the system. But then again it is
> better that I have to use some more time if it helps you and the others
> here.

Just fix the server - and don't tell me that's impossible!
There _are_ working mail servers ;-)

> P.S. please don't hit me if I once and a while forget and then breakes the
> thread. I promise I will try to think about it every time :)

Why don't you solve the problem at its root: fix the server!

Klaus