[vdr] Re: VDR 1.2.1 doesn't shutdown while recording

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Jarkko Santala wrote:
> > Noticed a little bug on my system, I'm running VDR 1.2.1 with the
> > recommended DVB drivers and plugins dxr3 + mp3, in which VDR doesn't
> > shutdown if a recording is in progress.
> >
> > How to repeat:
> >
> > 1. Recording is in progress
> > 2. Press shutdown
> > 3. Press OK when you get the "are you sure, recording is in progress?"
> > 4. "Shutting down..." is displayed
> > 5. Wait until the text goes away
> > 6. VDR doesn't shutdown
>
> As discussed in the separate thread (broken off by Tobias Faust :-( )
> VDR gives the shutdown script the start time of the next or currently
> running timer. If you want your script to shutdown in such cases,
> simply add some time of your choice to the current time in your shurdown
> script.

Well, I don't use any shutdown scripts, I just use vdr
--shutdown="shutdown -h now". As far as I can tell, that should always
shutdown the box no matter what. I just get the extra options as a
wall-message.

	-jake

--
Jarkko Santala <jake@iki.fi>            http://www.iki.fi/~jake/
System Administrator                    2001:670:83:f08::/64