[vdr] Re: VDR 1.2.1 doesn't shutdown while recording

Jarkko Santala wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
> > Jarkko Santala wrote:
> > > Noticed a little bug on my system, I'm running VDR 1.2.1 with the
> > > recommended DVB drivers and plugins dxr3 + mp3, in which VDR doesn't
> > > shutdown if a recording is in progress.
> > >
> > > How to repeat:
> > >
> > > 1. Recording is in progress
> > > 2. Press shutdown
> > > 3. Press OK when you get the "are you sure, recording is in progress?"
> > > 4. "Shutting down..." is displayed
> > > 5. Wait until the text goes away
> > > 6. VDR doesn't shutdown
> >
> > As discussed in the separate thread (broken off by Tobias Faust :-( )
> > VDR gives the shutdown script the start time of the next or currently
> > running timer. If you want your script to shutdown in such cases,
> > simply add some time of your choice to the current time in your shurdown
> > script.
>
> Well, I don't use any shutdown scripts, I just use vdr
> --shutdown="shutdown -h now". As far as I can tell, that should always
> shutdown the box no matter what. I just get the extra options as a
> wall-message.

Are there any log messages around the time when you do this?
Maybe the "shutdown -h now" is irritated by the parameters VDR adds
to the call?
Try writing a simple shell script, like

#!/bin/sh
shutdown -h now

and give VDR the name of that script. That way the additional parameters
will be ignored.

Klaus