[vdr] Re: Dxr3 drivers and plugin - help!

At Donnerstag, 12. Juni 2003 21:38 Richard Walker wrote:
> I've got my VDR system more-or-less working, but I'm getting the Dxr3
> locking-up when I start to make heavy use of the OSD.  Apparently, this
> is common, and the 'fix' is to patch the em8300 driver sources with
> some patches supplied with the Dxr3 plugin.
>
> However, I'm unable to get the supplied diffs to patch my (fresh from
> CVS) em8300 driver source.  I may well be typing something wrong: what
> exactly do I need to do?
>
> Alternatively, does anyone have a well-working em8300 driver source
> tree that they'd like to tar up and allow me to download?

I've created a new DXR3 system about a week ago, I've taken a fresh CVS
driver and the patch applied cleanly (beware that you have to patch using
the -R option. This is a BUG but it really has to be done!!). If the CVS
really has changed that much in the last week, send me a PM and I'll send
you a zipped copy of my running driver pack.

Greetings,
Sascha