[vdr] Re: VDR recordings cut and convert to (s)vcd or dvd

Thomas Schaefer wrote:

> Since last week I am an user of vdr. It is a great program. All the problems I
> had with my analogue TV-card are gone. EPG is very comfortable - is it normal
> to see only the todays TV-program? Anyway.

That depends on the station. E.g. ARD and ZDF broadcast only EPG for one
day whereas the private broadcasters do it for one week. Now you know,
what the GEZ fees are for :(

> My wish is to cut and to archive some recordings. But I have no clue about it.
> The format of *.vdr is mpeg-pes - ok -mplayer can play it.
> But how to convert to a "normal" mpg file. Normal means here compatible with
> vcdimager or for later for DVD-format.(vob)

Use PVAstrumento. http://www.offeryn.de/dv.htm
Though it is only for Windows it runs well with Wine and, I think the
author is also on this list.

> Does anybody  know, how to cut and merge vdr files?

VDR itself has cutting capabilities - just read the "MANUAL" file in the
source dir.

Cheers,
Juri