[vdr] Re: VDR 1.2.1 doesn't shutdown while recording

Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:
> Sergei Haller wrote:
>>
>> > The fifth parameter indicates the reason why the shutdown was requested.
>> > '0'  means  this is an automatic shutdown due to some timeout, while '1'
>> > means  that  this  is a user requested shutdown (resulting from pressing
>> > the  "Power"  key).  The  shutdown  program  may use this information to
>> > decide whether or not to actually perform the system shutdown.
>
> Very well spotted! Why didn't _I_ think of this? ;-)
>
> So, I guess this should answer the whole topic. The shutdown
> script _has_ all the information it needs, and if the mentioned
> parameter is 1 it's totally up to the script to force the shutdown.

Actually I don't want to be pushy, but IMO the script does not have all
the information it usually has: the next timer event. Correct me if I'm
wrong, but I don't see any use for timers in the past so no information
would be lost if vdr sent the next event. The information if the
shutdown was active or due to a timeout can still be obtained by the 5th
parameter.
Anyways, I guess I'm just going to patch my vdr, if you happen to decide
to change it in the official version just let me know, I will send you
the patch :-)

Wolfgang