[vdr] Re: VDR 1.2.1 doesn't shutdown while recording

Wolfgang Miller-Reichling wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

> > Very well spotted! Why didn't _I_ think of this? ;-)
> >
> > So, I guess this should answer the whole topic. The shutdown
> > script _has_ all the information it needs, and if the mentioned
> > parameter is 1 it's totally up to the script to force the shutdown.
>
> Actually I don't want to be pushy, but IMO the script does not have all
> the information it usually has: the next timer event. Correct me if I'm
> wrong, but I don't see any use for timers in the past so no information
> would be lost if vdr sent the next event. The information if the
> shutdown was active or due to a timeout can still be obtained by the 5th
> parameter.
> Anyways, I guess I'm just going to patch my vdr, if you happen to decide
> to change it in the official version just let me know, I will send you
> the patch :-)

Well, since I don't use this feature myself we might as well change it.
Please send me the patch (and don't forget to change the relevant docs,
too, if necessary) and I'll apply it. In case others complain afterwards,
at least they can't blame _me_ ;-)

Klaus