[vdr] Re: Where are the Docs for using cINterface::Interface, OSdMenu etc.?

Gunnar Roth wrote:

> Hello list,
> i am writing a plugin for vbox right now. ( and a modded mp3 plugin for
> oss output, which nearly complete)
> but i have no docs about how using the osdmenu functions correctly.
> sometimes a method takes ownership of a string, sometime it copies it.
> where is the correct handling described?

Well, as it is so often: the source code is the documentation ;-)

> can the cInterface::Interface be accessed by a  thread other than the
> main thread? could not see any locking in the source.

No, never use the Interface from a thread other than the main thread!

> how can i make a second fixed title in a menu ( as table header) ?

You could derive your own class from cOsdMenu.
I'll keep this in mind when increasing the abstraction level
of the OSD menus in 1.3.x, to make an optional header line possible
by default.

> are there any docs? or will there be such docs someday?
> if not, a vdr documentation project should be started ;-)

Well, it might have a hard time keeping up with the code changes ;-)

Have you taken a look at the data generated by Doxygen? See the INSTALL file.

Klaus