[vdr] Re: Idea for getting SNR/BER, etc. on OSD without patching VDR, maybein plugin

Rene Bartsch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> szap of current drivers includes femon-tool (femon.c -> femon).
>
> This is a read-only tool accessing adapterX/frontendX. So it can run
> parallel to the application (VDR) and display values on stdout.
>
> My approach is to use "femon -aX -f0 | svdrpsend.pl" in commands.conf to
> get SNR/BER, etc. on screen.
>
> Maybe someone with C++-capabilities can use femon-code in a plugin
> recalculating the HEX-values to human readable values.

Just a side note (don't mean to keep you from what you want to do):
one of the planned activities for VDR 1.3.x will be to make all this
information the devices provide available in an abstract way
and also to display it, for instance in the channel display and/or
on a status page or even the main menu (haven't completely decided yet).

Klaus