[vdr] Re: KVDR with DXR3?

At Freitag, 13. Juni 2003 17:06 Guido Fiala wrote:
> I admit - just making a video device is easier than making one playing
> back MPEG's. That would mean to emulate the missing part (compared to an
> full-featured one) to make it look like an hardware one to vdr.
> At least you would'nt need to plugin full applications into vdr to make
> it playback in software...

In /dev/video0, there is only plain video data, no MPEG. That all happens
before any output device. But what's visible on /dev/video0 with a full
featured card, is the decoded picture (means plain video data) with the OSD
renderes on it. Basically it's the same that goes to the TV-out.

So it should be possible with DXR3 as it already is with DVB...

Greetings,
Sascha