[vdr] Re: VDRADMIN: vdradmin can't connect to VDR's SVDRP Port

On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 02:11:27PM +0200, Nikolaus Isele wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i got the problem that vdradmin can't connect to the VDR's SVDRP Port 2001.

> i can ping my hostname and ip from all PC's im my Network.

Is vdradmin running on the same machine as VDR?

If so, can you do "telnet localhost 2001" and get immediately
'connection refused' or does it simply time out?

I'm thinking SuSE's firewall is in place, and blocking access to
'strange' ports.

I have no actual SuSE knowledge of how its firewall is configured, but I
can at least talk more generically :)

Check the output of 'dmesg' for firewall logs - you should see the
connection being DENY'd ...

gdh