[vdr] Re: Converting VDR to MPEG-4 with 2divx

Please don't try 2divx2.0 pre0 - this ones really buggy and beside early alpha
stage !
You should use the 1.6.0pre5 instead !
Do you really have ONE big VDR file larger 2GB ? Or is the compete movie
larger than 2GB but split in several vdr files ?

Try increasing the Cache option in 2divx.conf - this often helps mencoder to
detect the stream - see FAQs section on http://ma.hoff.bei.t-online.de/

Please post the console output from vdr2divx 1.6.0pre5 when the error occurs !

Martin.

> I don't have a DVD burner so I need to convert some recordings to CD-R
> friendly formats. I could fix 2divx160pre4 to work and the result with
> PVAs was quite good but it is not available for > 2G input files.
> Without PVAs I get avi files (tried all xvid, divx and lavc modes )
> which cannot be skipped with mplayer controls. After skip the sound
> track gets usually stuck to loop of couple of seconds while video
> continues. Perhaps VDR editing or DVB-T errors break the stream so
> mencoder doesn't understand it any more.
>
> Next I tried 2divx2.0pre0b18. It should cope > 2G input with ds.jar.
> Google found a download location, I hope the author doesn't mind. After
> installing to a Debian testing based system libg++ for gcc 2.95.4
> (String.h and some other header files seems not to be available in more
> recent g++ versions) I got it compiled but now it stops to a runtime
> error:
[...]