[vdr] Re: Problems with ALSA and Bitstreamout Plugin

Hello Nikolaus, hello list...

NI> Okay, i get AC3 working, but PCM Loop-through wouldn't work, because i can't
NI> open the IEC958 5V Channel.
NI> The problem before was wrong line in the /etc/modules.conf i had to change a
NI> snd-card-cmipci to snd-cmipci.

NI> If someone out there can tell me how i can get pcm loop-through working,
NI> please help me with this problem.

Don't know for sure if this works for your Soundcard:
I was unable to active the pcm loopthrough for my SoundBlaster Live
using the 'alsamixer'. Then I used 'gamix' and tried to alter the
fitting mixercontrols and it worked for me. Afterward i could use
'alsactl store' to store the parameters.

You can try it and post if it worked for you or not :-)

mario