[vdr] Re: mplayer cluster

At Sonntag, 15. Juni 2003 22:48 Martin Altemark wrote:
> I just got a powerful (2,4 Ghz celereon) server so I was thinking to try
> to get the mplayer cluster plugin going so I could watch for example divx
> (gotta save some space!). I am using mplayer 0.9 on both machines.
> throughtput on the net is about 30Mbit/sec. Replay of divx is still
> "choppy". Even more than when directly relpayed by my video computer (via
> c3 800). I am using vdr 1.2.1. Any ideas of what I am doing wrong here?
> Or is the plugin not working as it should?

I'm afraid the PlugIn isn't very stable since it is not being developed
anymore. I'm thinking about a solution using the original MPlayer PlugIn
with a "cluster-ready" mplayer.sh. Since I don't have much time at the
moment, this could take a while - maybe someone else will try this (?)

Greetings,
Sascha