[vdr] Re: Completed timers don't get removed

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>anaxares@gmx.de wrote:
>>
>> I can confirm it. I?m using VDR from version 1.2 on.
>> Out of 3 timers it happens two times :(
>> So i?ve got to delete "dead" timers daily.
>
>I gave it a quick shot and started three timers that all ended at the
>same time (at least I assumed that this would make it even harder ;-),
>but all three of them were properly deleted.

>Just one more thought: did you always let the timer run until it ended by
>itself, or did you maybe kill VDR while recording and re-start it after the
>timer had expired? In that case VDR would't have actively passed over
>the timer's stop time and that would explain the behaviour.

In my case I know for sure that many/most of the timer entries that get
left behind are normal timers that got to run until completion without any
human intervention, and in most cases, no human activity at VDR at all
apart from the recording. If I was to manually stop a timer I could well
understand that the timer would get left behind.

But, it is no real problem to go manually delete a few timers every now
and then, I mainly thought you'd be interested in getting the final minor
glitches ironed out from VDR.

	Chakie

--

             Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off.
                                              -- Terry Pratchett, Small Gods