[vdr] Re: VDR 1.2.1 doesn't shutdown while recording

On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 11:24:00AM +0000, Wolfgang Miller-Reichling wrote:
> Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:
>
> > Well, since I don't use this feature myself we might as well change it.
> > Please send me the patch (and don't forget to change the relevant docs,
> > too, if necessary) and I'll apply it. In case others complain afterwards,
> > at least they can't blame _me_ ;-)
>
> O.k., find my patch below, I'm willing to bear the blame :-)
>
> Wolfgang
Hello Wolfgang,

Sorry that I get into this discussion so late
( holidays are great days :) )

I wrote a similar patch some time ago.
It does about the same as your patch, but will also handle timers
that go active inside the next MinEventTimeout minutes
(You have to confirm the shutdown there too)
And uses only the next timer MinEventTimeout minutes after
the current time for wakeup purposes.

The patch is available at:
  http://www.vis.ethz.ch/~robert/VDR/vdr-1.1.28-shutdown.time-0.2.diff.gz

The patch was designed for vdr 1.1.28 and works for 1.2.0

differences to your patch:
 - treats also timers very near in the future

Would be nice if you would have a look into it.
Even better would be a user configurable parameter for the minimum
time distance for timers used for wakeup.

Greetings

Robert

--
Robert R. Simons