[vdr] Re: mplayer cluster

Martin Altemark wrote:

>>What network cards are you using? Some cards put more stress on your
>>computer than others. I had good success with 3Com cards, bad
>>experiences with anything from Realtek.

i use one from realtek and the other is a via chip - but how could that matter if the throughput is high enought and the cpus aren't stressed at all?
When did you test the throughput? And when did you look at the CPU utilization. Just try to get a different network card for testing purposes on the playing machine, and see if it makes a difference.

rgds
pos