[vdr] Re: VDR Admin 0.90

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Thomas Koch wrote:

>Am Montag, 16.06.03 um 09:45 Uhr schrieb Jan Ekholm:
>
>> I do have a little feature request. Would it be possible to set the
>> auto
>> timer data on the same page where I schedule a normal recording, so
>> that
>> one could do things like:
>> 	select a channel
>> 	find a series for recording (say, Star Trek)
>> 	press "Rec" to get to the page where you setup a recording
>> 	click in a little checkbox "Always record this show"
>> 	choose any optional auto timer options
>
>Nice idea :-)

Nice, that would make auto timers more convenient, at least for me. :)

>> this week. I added another one and it doesn't seem to show up at all. I
>> copy & pasted the name of the show from the "Channels" page in order to
>> get it right, and I see the correct name in the vdradmind.at file, so
>> vdradmin has got it correct. The show is on tomorrow, and the
>> "Channels"
>> data shows it correctly. Maybe vdradmin updates auto timers at regular
>> (but infrequent) intervals?
>
>The search for timers is started after saving your entry, and of course
>in intervals. So the timers should be programmed. What is the name of
>the show?

It's shown as "Robot Wars" in the program list. vdradmin.at lists the line
as:

1:Robot Wars   :1:::0:99:99:7

I don't know if the extra spaces after the name are bad, so I edited the
auto timer and removed them, but no no timer gets added. Another auto
timer that works does have some extra spaces after the name (an
unfortunate result of copy & paste form the program list), so the spaces
don't seem to be a problem.

--
          "Yes, bugger all that." said Nanny. "Let's curse somebody."
                                            -- Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters