[vdr] Re: vdr at dbox2

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 03:02:27PM +0200, Alexander Olk wrote:
> The osd looks exactly like the one on a pc dvb card (although I do not
> have such a card). In contrast to the pc dvb cards the osd is accessed
> through the framebuffer driver of the dbox2 and not hardware osd
> driver...

Hi Alexander :)

Would your changes be compatible to 'normal' PCs with a /dev/fb0
framebuffer? I'm thinking from the point of view of a software backend
for VDR. If the OSD was already working, then the only remaining pieceof
work would be hooking the stream output into libmpeg2.

In fact, using DirectFB would be even better, since it supports
overlaying graphics on top of libmpeg2's output:)

Just a thought,
Gavin.