[vdr] Re: VDR Admin 0.90

Am Mon, 2003-06-16 um 09.45 schrieb Jan Ekholm:

> I noticed that watching the "live" TV snapshots doesn't work if vdradmin
> and VDR are run on different machines. VDR saves the snapshot in
> /tmp/vdr.jpg on the VDR host and vdradmin tries to read /tmp/vdr.jpg on
> the host where it runs, and obviously there is no such file on the
> vdradmin host. A solution to this could be to stream the image as a
> image/jpeg over the socket, or then have a config option that specifies
> where the image is saved by VDR, so that it can be saved into some
> directory that both hosts can access.

Why don't you just use streamdev-plugin? I've done a patch for vdradmin-0.23 which adds a "Live"-link to the "What's running now"-section. So you can easily watch TV on a client by clicking one link.

I tried to port to 0.90 (easy, only 15 or 20 lines) but stumbled over the graphical layout (needs new "SwitchTV"-, "REC"- and "STREAM"-buttons).

Rene