[vdr] Re: feature request: separate radio channels

Uwe Ortner wrote:

> Am Die, 2003-06-17 um 09.40 schrieb Lauri Tischler:
> > Uwe Ortner wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > @all developers and especially Klaus
> > > again thanks for that great piece of software and the effort you are
> > > doing
> > >
> > > IMHO it would make sense to separate the radio channels in an extra file
> > > and activate radio with a special button for easy handling.
> > >
> > > What do you think?
> > >
> > > BTW: I know this job could also be done by script (but I would have to
> > > restart vdr afterwards)
> >
> > How about command 'reload channels' ?
> > I could use that, I make my channels.conf from two files,
> > channels.terr + (channels.astra.hotbird or channels.sirius.thor)
>
> this would do the trick!
> is it possible to implement?

It might be a little tricky, since the timers each have a pointer to the
respective channel. So you would have to delete the timer list, then delete
the channel list and re-read the channels and timer lists. Plus this should
only be done while there is no recording going on, because a recording has
a pointer to its respective timer.

Klaus