[vdr] Increasing SDRAM on DVB cards

Peter Seyringer and I are looking into the possibility of
increasing the SDRAM size of a full featured DVB card.
In principle the AV7110 supports up to 4MB of SDRAM, but
unfortunately the existing cards only have a 2MB chip on
them. The question is now: does the board layout provide
access to the AV7110's second SDRAM chip select line? Since there
are many signals leading to the expansion port (where the CAM
module is connected), maybe we're lucky and the second
CS goes there, too.

Questions:

- Does anybody know which of the AV7110 pins is the SCS2 pin?
  Unfortunately the AV7110 data sheet doesn't contain this
  information.

- Does anybody have a broken DVB-S cards (preferably a Siemens
  rev 1.3) that he/she could spare? We would need to somehow
  remove some chips in order to see whether SCS2 is actually
  wired and where it could be contacted to an additional
  2MB SDRAM chip.

If memory serves me correctly I believe there was an attempt
to do just this some time ago. Has anybody been successful in this?
Any information - even if it is "no, this is technically impossible"
would be appreciated.

Oh, and why are we trying to do this? Well, to gain more OSD memory
in order to be able to display graphical user interfaces ;-)

Klaus