[vdr] Re: Increasing SDRAM on DVB cards

> Well, all we want to find out is which AV7110 pin is SCS2, and whether
> it is routed from under the AV7110 outside to some open area of the
> board, where it could be accessed.

scs2 -> chip select 2 ??

> The hard part will probably be
> unsoldering the AV7110 BGA chip...

unsoldering a BGA ic is not hard, but soldering it back is IMPOSSIBLE!!
BGA are per definition solderable only ONE TIME :-(
on every pin there is exactly the right amount of Sn (or whatever they use
;-)
and in the right form, for making a perfect connection
you have no possibilety to test the BGA for correct soldering
(ok, without using X-Rays) so even if you try to solder the av7110 back
you can be sure, one (or 50 ;-) pins will sty unconnected
if the PIN you are looking for is not on an VIA ("durchkontaktierung")
there is no way for getting this work!!

on my card the two ram-chips are different with a different count
of pins, but the IC with the fewer pins has no solder pads for the
pins, he could have to be the same as the other (hope it is clear what i
mean)

hermann