[vdr] Re: Increasing SDRAM on DVB cards

Are you aware of that the firmware of the ARM most likely has to be changed to
access the extended memory?

I can give you a list of most of the pins of the extention connector,
which is used for the CI, if that helps. Most of it is going to GND anywea

Stefan

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>Hermann Gausterer wrote:
>>
>> hi klaus
>>
>>> - Does anybody have a broken DVB-S cards (preferably a Siemens
>>>   rev 1.3) that he/she could spare? We would need to somehow
>>>   remove some chips in order to see whether SCS2 is actually
>>>   wired and where it could be contacted to an additional
>>>   2MB SDRAM chip.
>>
>> yes, i have an relativly dead 1.3, but i think it is/WAS an haupp.
>>
>> on the PCI it does show something, but the driver does not detect it
>> anymore
>>
>> what do you want to do? i am an ingeneer an quite able to unsolder
the
>> ram-chips an make a snapshot ;-)

>Well, all we want to find out is which AV7110 pin is SCS2, and whether
it is routed from under the AV7110 outside to some >open area of the
board, where it could be accessed. The hard part will probably be
unsoldering the AV7110 BGA chip...

The most easy way to find that out is prolly grabbing someone at TI and
asking him/her for a full
DSP data sheet, so including pin description.
Unsoldering the BGA without the proper tooling is almost unpossible
without damaging
the board itself even up to ripping off copper routing.

I see no wht TI should not coöperate since this DSP is not more in
production.
On the side of Technotrend : I doubt that they have connected the SCS2
ball but on the other hand...
there's still the mysterious J8.  Where are these pins going to?

Stefaan