[vdr] Re: Increasing SDRAM on DVB cards

Stefaan Coddé wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> >Well, all we want to find out is which AV7110 pin is SCS2, and whether
> it is routed from under the AV7110 outside to some >open area of the
> board, where it could be accessed. The hard part will probably be
> unsoldering the AV7110 BGA chip...
>
> The most easy way to find that out is prolly grabbing someone at TI and
> asking him/her for a full
> DSP data sheet, so including pin description.

Well, does anybody have a contact at TI?

> Unsoldering the BGA without the proper tooling is almost unpossible
> without damaging
> the board itself even up to ripping off copper routing.

Roberto Deza has just written in a PM that he has a picture of a
TT DVB-S card with the AV7110 removed (that was actually his broken
posting a few minutes ago). He'll make it available as soon as he gets home.

> I see no wht TI should not coöperate since this DSP is not more in
> production.
> On the side of Technotrend : I doubt that they have connected the SCS2
> ball but on the other hand...
> there's still the mysterious J8.  Where are these pins going to?

Well, maybe Roberto's picture can help here, too.

Klaus