[vdr] Re: feature request: separate radio channels

Hi

Am Die, 2003-06-17 um 09.27 schrieb Uwe Ortner:

> IMHO it would make sense to separate the radio channels in an extra file
> and activate radio with a special button for easy handling.
>
> What do you think?

I think, it could be realized a little bit different:
vdr could separate the available channels into two categories (tv and
radio) automatically and make a virtual renumbering (both categories
start at "1") for easier access an entry.

On pressing a reserved key (the "A-B" button on some remotes, for
example), vdr switches between the two categories.

In the background there is only one list (the normal channels.conf) with
unique indexes that can be used in the timers.

By this way it is possible to update one file but have two list with
separated content. This is usefull if you are using the autopid patch
and all the new channels are apended at the end of the existing
channels.conf. Or do you want to search through more than one file to
sort your available channels?

But don't forget to enhance the current behaviour, that vdr starts with
the last channel, that was active before vdr was stopped the last time.
This must be extended to store the last channel of each list/category so
that it is possible to restore the last used entry of each of them ....

Just my two cents ...
Oliver