[vdr] Re: VDR Admin 0.90

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 04:47:13PM +0200, Christian Jacobsen wrote:
> Hallo,
>

> >> Is it possible to set a Subdirectory where the recordings are
> >
> >> saved when using Autotimer ?
> >

> >Dont know for VDRAdmin using Autotimer.
> >

> >But for master-timer it is by using the name and the special character
> >
> >"~". F.E. the name "Master-Recordings~Enterprise~Lautloser Feind" will
> >
> >produce a directory "Master-Recordings" including a Directory
> >
> >"Enterprise" which includes the recording "Lautloser Feind".
> >
> Thanks, I might have a look at master-timer then.
>
> Is there some kind of frontend for master time somewhere ?
>
> Has anybody thought about a Plugin for editing (mastert-timer/vdr admin) ?
>
> (I now it is difficult with the remote but faster than running upstairs
> and turning on the seond PC and then edit)

I have to admit that Master-Timer doesn't has "specific" support for the
subdirectory-feature of VDR, all you can do is set a "Timertitle"
("manual" setting the title under which you want the recording to be
saved)

Excluding the special "TITLE~SUB", which Master-Timer converts to the
actual Title & Subtitle, you have to do the directory-structure managing
yourself.

If there is public interest i could implement a "dir = "-parameter.

e.g.

[DS9]
Title = Deep Space Nine
Timertitle = Science Fiction~Star Trek~DS9

Would save all recordings of DS9 under
Science Fiction/Star Trek/DS9

or
[DS9]
Title = Deep Space Nine
Timertitle = Science Fiction~Star Trek~TITLE~SUB

Would save all recordings of DS9 under
Science Fiction/Star Trek/<Title>/<Subtitle>

The next version of master-timer also supports to only set the Subtitle

[DS9]
Title = Deep Space Nine
Timertitle = Science Fiction~Star Trek~DS9~SUB

Would save all recordings of DS9 under
Science Fiction/Star Trek/DS9/<Subtitle>

Bis denn