[vdr] Re: Converting VDR to MPEG-4 with 2divx

ma, 16-06-2003 kello 23:15, Martin Hoffmann kirjoitti:
> > su, 15-06-2003 kello 13:15, Martin Hoffmann kirjoitti:
> > > Please don't try 2divx2.0 pre0 - this ones really buggy and beside early
> > > alpha stage !
> > > You should use the 1.6.0pre5 instead !
> >
> > Thanks! I installed it yesterday and got the first output file which
> > still suffers from broken audio.
> Mhh - doesn't sound good !
> How exactly is the audio output broken ? Is it completely missing or is it out
> of sync to video ?

I hope this explanation is better: If I let mplayer play the video from
the beginning to end without skipping with cursor keys/pgup/pgdn the
video and audio runs fine. After skip the sound gets broken and loops
forever certain short part of video (not from the skip point audio
track). The produced avi file is therefore somehow broken. The original
00x.vdr files play perfectly with mplayer. (I think I should try also
xine for playback if mplayer is erroneous)

Shorter DVB-T clips which are preprocessed with PVAs can be
browsed/skipped with mplayer controls without problems.

> > > Do you really have ONE big VDR file larger 2GB ? Or is the compete movie
> > > larger than 2GB but split in several vdr files ?
> >
> > The problematic VDR recording looks like this
> >
> > -rw-r--r--    1 vdr      vdr          1,5M 2003-06-07 17:22 index.vdr
> > -rw-r--r--    1 vdr      vdr            88 2003-06-07 17:22 marks.vdr
> > -rw-r--r--    1 vdr      vdr             4 2003-06-07 17:27 resume.vdr
> > -rw-r--r--    1 vdr      vdr           220 2003-06-07 17:17 summary.vdr
> > -rw-r--r--    1 vdr      vdr          2,0G 2003-06-07 17:20 001.vdr
> > -rw-r--r--    1 vdr      vdr          1,1G 2003-06-07 17:22 002.vdr
> >
> > The accurate size of 001.vdr is 2097183435. Could Wine & PVAs handle it?
> Mhhh - good question !
> I guess PVAstrumento/wine dies at the 2GB limit when trying to invoke 002.vdr
> file !
> Mplayer /Mencoder alone should be able to do all the syncing stuff - so please
> test without pvastrumento!
> Normally i should implement some splitting here - but as vdrsync.pl developes
> i think of using vdrsync.pl instead of PVAs - overcoming the 2GB barrier!

OK! Wine is a pain to set up :^)

> > Writing AVI header...
> > Pos:   0,0s      2f ( 0%)   0fps Trem:   0min   0mb  A-V:1,000 [0:0]
> >
> > ... I removed tons of these messages ...
> > Skipping frame!
> Do you have a lot of these Skipping Messages ?
> Normally only at the beginning of the stream some of these should appear - if
> you have the all through the stream either you recording is broken or
> mencoder does some very wrong interpretation of the stream ...
>
> This could be a cause for audio problems - but depends on the number of skips
> !

Mencoder produced about 1400 skipped frame messages for this movie.

From the other mails in this thread it seems that I could try to hack
this script to use PVAs with ext3 filesystem and 2.4.x kernel. Hopefully
native solutions will work in the future, Wine is a pain to set up :^)

BR,
Seppo

--
Seppo Ingalsuo - seppo.ingalsuo@iki.fi