[vdr] Re: Increasing SDRAM on DVB cards

Hi Stefaan and all,

At 12:01 17/06/2003 +0200, Stefaan Coddé wrote:

[AV711x pinout]
>I see no wht TI should not coöperate...

I'm very sceptical that TI can cooperate to provide the pinout or a real
datasheet :-( ; this is the common behaviour of near any manufacturer of
DVB related ICs :-((.

>... since this DSP is not more in production.

But there are several TT "premium" cards in production (ie, v1.6, v2.1
and v2.2 for, DVB-S).

>On the side of Technotrend : I doubt that they have connected the SCS2
>ball but on the other hand...
>there's still the mysterious J8.  Where are these pins going to?

This pins are to connect a ISO7816 SmartCard socket; I wrote about it, on
24 Oct 2002 07:32, at this same list, replying to the 'J8' subject :-).

At this moment, I don't know if the URL that I posted, is yet available:

<http://www.4freeboard.to/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=20&t=000149>

but should be easy to identify this pins following the 2x3 pads of the
"smartcard chip carrier" socket that is "around" J8.

Best regards:
--
Roberto Deza Asensio
Universidad de Navarra