[vdr] Re: Increasing SDRAM on DVB cards

Gregoire Favre wrote:

>> Maybe not for _everybody_, but once it works, it can be used _every
>> day_ ;-)
>>
>> Let's see whether this leads anywhere. Chances are it won't work,
>> anyway. And if it should work, VDR will, of course, always keep
>> working with the default OSD. So nobody will be forced to do this.

>I must admit I found this idea quiete strange...
>Wouldn't it be much better to have a "good" graphic card and do all OSD
with it?
>For example, playing mpeg2,divx,... with a Matrox G400 is perfectly
smooth with a
>PII@300, so a real combined graphic card and DVB solution would be
perfect
>(and don't tell me the TV output is bad with that
>solution: it's much better than the DVB output...).

Oh no, what about all those users who use mini iTx solutions without an
AGP bus.
Btw: The Matrox G400 has a very good video out but it still can't
compete to a good
RGB output and for those who have cards with the J2 connector can use
the RGB output.

I would not mind it to solder on my working DVB cards.