[vdr] Re: Increasing SDRAM on DVB cards

Hermann Gausterer wrote:

> the scs2 is allready routed to the osd ram chip ... i hope the
> HY57V161610D is the one used for OSD and not the other
> but i read today somewhere which chip is used for what

I don't think so. Look a little closer at page 20 of the AV7110
data sheet. CC000000-CC1FFFFF is the range of the existing 2MB
of SDRAM, and in _that_ range there is some OSD memory allocated
(see the middle of the drawing). The actual sizes of each memory
area (B-Frame, OSD, Video- and Audio-Buffer) can be set at runtime,
and that's where the firmware has traded OSD memory for Video-Buffer
memory several times in the past.

The area from CC200000 to CC3FFFFF can be equiped with another 2MB
of SDRAM, and as far as I understand the data sheet, the AV7110 switches
between these two 2MB areas with SCS1 and SCS2, respectively.
The remark "(OSD/User Data)" just tells us what that memory area
can be used for, but right now, since that memory isn't physically
there, the only OSD memory we have is in the lower 2MB of SDRAM.

Klaus