[vdr] New to DVB applications.

Good Morning everybody.

I am new to the Digetal Video Broadcasting comunety and is looking for
advice. I have read through the papers 'The Linux DVB API' and 'Linux DVB
API Version 3' by Ralph and Marcus Metzler. I have also looked at the
video4linux interface for evaluating my application needs. The DVB standard
seems to match my application best. I want to distribute satelite + live
video (from a Y/C - composite video grabber card) on a high speed (cat 7,
fiber etc.) network. Nodes are set-top-boxes with a TV attached, computers
(bit map displays, and/or tv cards) and storage units. The way I imagine
this done is by merging the TS stream from a satelite card, and a TS stream
from the video grabber making a local 'broadcasting network'. The CA
(conditional access) module is then thought to control the access to the
various streams. I am looking for hardware and software configurations to
start out from. I am also looking for training, seminars etc. Can anybody
help?

Kind Regards
Oddvard Myrnes