[vdr] Re: Increasing SDRAM on DVB cards

Hello,

Hermann Gausterer schrieb:

snip
that is THE CLASSICAL MISTAKE ;-) .. A0-A11 are 12 lines, not 11 :-)

so we have here 24 bit and that is 16M
and i think we get another bit from the 16bit data bus, because
we are always reading LSB=0 and LSB=1 together
which are then 25 bit and 32M .. what a coincidence with the docu ;-)

there are ENOUGH adresslines solderd to the chip

No, see above.

yes ;-)

again:
the scs2 is allready routed to the osd ram chip ... i hope the

Don't think so.

why do you think that is not true? klaus told me that there are
two ram chips, every one with 2MB and he want to upgrade one
of them (the OSD one) to 4mb ... the lower bank has only
2 mb, and so the upper bank IS IN USE .. and if it is in use
it is using SCS2 to enable the chip .. this is totaly clear for me!
on  page 63 :
they explain the Extension Bus DRAM that coud use 3 x16 dram even PCMCIA.
and if one of the ram´s is connected to this port it must be the slower one thats on the strato
only data card, too.
on the other port the fast SDRAM is connected (only one), so only scs1 is needed.
Perhaps scs2 connected somewhere, but it dont have to.
but perhaps i´m on the totaly wrong way.

and by the way  SCS2 → 0xCC20 0000 - 0xCDFF FFFF (it of course not 2Mbyte my fault)

hermann

Martin

Home | Main Index | Thread Index