[vdr] VGA-RGB 2 SCART (WAS: Re: Increasing SDRAM on DVB cards)

Zitiere Jörg Knitter <joerg.knitter@gmx.de>:

> > Stefan Lucke wrote:
> >
> > Why do you think graphic cards have no RGB output ? Thats the normal
> way
> > monitors are connected to.
> >

> Oops, you might be right. But I still haven´t read anything about
> connecting a VGA output directly to an RGB TV set. Don´t you have to
> additionally set the VGA output frequency to 50 Hz? What about the
> output resolution etc.?

Thats just quiet easy (using framebuffer driver) :-)

fbset my-pal-1    for PAL DVDs
fbset my-ntsc-1   for playing NTSC DVDs

It's fine with my G400 and mplayer.

The feature that graphic cards MUST has is: combined H + V sync output.
I can post modline entries when I'm back home.

Stefan Lucke