[vdr] Re: GUI: mix of still pics and OSD?

Quoting Jan Ekholm <chakie@infa.abo.fi>:
> Don't the stills have to be encoded as MPEG[12]? It could prove to be too
> resource hungry for the lower end of systems where VDR currently runs just
> fine. Would probably work fine on a faster machine, but who'd want one of
> those next to the TV?

Yes, the stills have to be encoded. But this is only 1 single still, not a
video. So I don't see this as an issue. This is what is done "on the fly" by
the analogTV plugin with mp1e, right? We (I? ;) ) need to conduct some tests,
but it should not take more than 1s, even on a P133 which is, as far as I know,
the lowest-end VDR system on earth.