[vdr] Re: Picture in Picture

Zitiere Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de>:

> gfiala@s.netic.de wrote:
> >
> > Zitiere Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de>:

> > > With the most recent driver version you could at least show a 256
> > > color still image (see my recent post announcing that capability).
> > >
> > > Klaus
> >
> > Using overlay-capabilities (and not using TV-Out of DVB directly) you
> can
> > do picture in picture or side-by-side even with 4 images in motion...
> > last one is done already working with kvdr.
>
> Granted, but I am generally always exclusively referring to what
> can be done with the TV connected to the A/V out of the DVB card.
> Anything else I'm not interested in.
>
> Just wanted to make this clear, don't mean to start the almost
> religious discussion about DVB's A/V out vs. graphics cards again.

Did'nt know that i might start a religious discussion ;-)
Of course there are several advantages on both sides.

I was just solution oriented - there's something he can already use...

---
Beside that how about the following idea:

If we do not play the life data but feed the driver with a manipulated
mpeg-stream? Maybe there is a way of inserting images in the mpeg-stream without
requiring a complete decompression, overlaying and recompression frame by frame.
IMHO it should be possible to use a subset of the DCT-coeefizients of the
picture to be overlayed upon the normal data - just find and replace the
datablocks...
Probably it would only work for I-frames...