[vdr] Re: GUI: mix of still pics and OSD?

Olivier Jacques wrote:

> Quoting Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de>:
> > Have you ever used an STB that does this?
> > The Sky DigiBox turns off live video whenever it displays any full screen
> > OSD - and that's a major PITA!
>
> Yes. I don't see it as a problem. I cannot see the TV in the background anyway.
>
> > I never want to have an OSD in VDR that doesn't continue to play whatever
> > is corrently on (live or recording).
>
> Well, if it breaks recording, this _is_ an issue. If it stops live video (but
> not sound and recordings) then, this is OK.
> Do you confirm that displaying a still frame interrupts recording and even live
> audio?

I wasn't referring to actual "recording", but to _replaying_ a recording.
Maybe that wasn't clear enough.

At any rate, displaying a still image instead of the current video
would at least result in AV getting out of sync.

Besides, I do see the TV behind the OSD ;-) and I find it a lot less
intrusive if the OSD just appears in front of the video instead of
completely disrupting it.

Klaus