[vdr] Re: Increasing SDRAM on DVB cards

DOm wrote:

>> > Stefan Lucke wrote:
>> >
>> > Why do you think graphic cards have no RGB output ? Thats the
normal
>> way
>> > monitors are connected to.
>> >

>> Oops, you might be right. But I still haven´t read anything about
>> connecting a VGA output directly to an RGB TV set. Don´t you have to
>> additionally set the VGA output frequency to 50 Hz? What about the
>> output resolution etc.?
>>
>> Jörg
>>

>Maybe this link can be useful to someone:
http://www.sput.nl/hardware/tv-x.html

You'll be limited with video cards that do support it properly eg
hardware has also it's limits
downwards :-)
But, I do know enough people who use VDR without using the X server.
They aim at a fast start, silent solution so dump every software bit
that they don't
really need.. eh including myself heh