[vdr] Re: Increasing SDRAM on DVB cards

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

Meanwhile I learned (from a contact who prefers to remain unnamed, which
I respect) that the SCS2 pin is not routed outside from under the AV7110 chip
on the Technotrend DVB-S cards. Since all these cards (Siemens, Hauppauge,...)
apparently use the same board layout, I guess this pretty much means that
it is not possible to extend the SDRAM of this card.

Well, would have been nice...
Maybe its possible without the 2. CS line:
If the bus connected to the single SDRAM chip is _only_ used and active for
this single chip and nothing else (like interfacing between other internal or external
devices), it may be possible to use the inactive state of the 1. CS line to activate
a second SDRAM chip.
Another way may be to misuse an unused, but connected port pin to generate
a second CS.

Jörg.