[vdr] Re: DVB-s signal strength <-> transfer mode

Gregor Lawatscheck wrote:

> The question would be why in 0.9.4. this wasn't a problem and whether it
> could be a change in the firmware or vdr's way of doing transfer mode which
> triggers this problem. With 1.1.13 and 0.9.4 I've been noticing when one
> comes out of replaying a recording back into transfer-mode it is apparent
> that for a short while one sees the DVB-s picture (if it exists). In 1.2.1
> and CVS one doesn't see the DVB-s pic.

VDR/HISTORY:

2003-05-04: Version 1.1.30

- Now turning off live PIDs when replaying. This avoids short spikes from other
  channels when switching between Transfer Mode channels, and also lets an ongoing
  replay continue even if a recording is started on the primary device.

> However I'm still convinced there is
> a problem on channel changes / general starting ending transfer mode if the
> current lock on the signal on the DVB-s is bad. I'm wondering: Could there
> be anything to counteract this - i.e somehow not try to lock on a channel
> with the DVB-s when the signal is weak or missing?

Well, I guess that's more like a driver problem. VDR just tells the driver
which channel it wants.

Klaus