[vdr] Suggestion for vdr1.3.0 - Change general function of Up and Down, left and right keys during viewing.

A feature I like on many other STBs is the ability to quickly see what
is coming up on the current and other channels without going to the full
schedule.
This is usually achieved by using the up and down keys to display and
navigate through the now and next of the other channels (as currently
available by pressing OK or when channel switching but without actually
switching).  Additionally Left and Right would allow the user to view
program details beyond now and next (where available).  The user would
use OK to switch to the program/channel currently displayed or record it
without switching (assuming it's on the same transponder or a separate
recording device is available) or to add a timer or just a reminder
where the program has not yet started.  It would also be nice to be able
to press an "Info" button to get the EPG description for the current
program or the currently displayed program on the OSD, again without
navigating through menus.

There is are already dedicated channel up and channel down buttons, the
Up and Down buttons should therefore be put to a more practical use such
as described above.

This functionality may well have been considered already, but I'd like
to make sure  :-)

redband