[vdr] Re: osd-output within telnet session on 2001

Hi,

[...]
> Is it possible to get the output of the osd also in the
> telnet session on port 2001?

I'm working on a plugin "keyboard" that makes possible the following:

- You can start a telnet session to that plugin (port 2002).
- You get the same output in your telnet as you would see if you
  start VDR with DEBUG_OSD=1 on a (linux) console.
  (All OSD activities will be rendered into a vt100 compatible stream.)
- All your key strokes will be sent to VDR.

So you can fully control VDR remotely over a telnet connection.

A second thing: There will be a plugin switch "-t" that replaces
the "-t" switch of VDR. So you can not only use telnet to control
VDR but also a linux console without the need to compile VDR with
DEBUG_OSD=1. (This feature gave the plugin its name. :-)

One drawback: The menu will be shown on the OSD on your TV, on
the with "-t" specified console and on all telnet sessions connected
to the plugin at the same time. I have no solution at the moment to
separate this control channels :-(

The main features are already implemented, but:
you have to wait some weeks until I have finished it, because I'm
writing my dissertation at the moment. So the plugin must wait ;-(

Jan