[vdr] Re: MPlayer replay choppy since update to VDR 1.2.1 and mp3plugin

Steffen Schlette wrote:

Hi,

I'm currently using vdr-1.0.3 with the AIOPatch and MPlayer-0.90pre8. This
combinations playes most divx/mpeg movies fine at a CPU load of ~80% (1.2GHZ
CPU).

I would like to update VDR to 1.2.1 with mp3-0.8.0 plugin. I was able to
recompile MPlayer-0.90pre8 with the slave-mode and head-patch after some
difficulties (I've tried it first with MPlayer-0.90pre1 but the patch-files
for MPlayer-0.90pre1 doesn't fit to pre1 although the README says so).

The same movies don't play well anymore, they are choppy at a CPU load of
~60% (40% idle).

Is there anybody who was able to setup VDR 1.2.1 with mp3 plugin in a
configuration that plays divx/mpeg properly?

Regards
Steffen

I doubt that it is the guilt of the mplayer-plugin.
try using mplayer alone, by calling mplayer.sh mannually. (vdr has to be stopped before)
i bet this will give the same result. then maybe try other settings in mplayer.sh.

regards,
gunnar