[vdr] Re: Increasing SDRAM on DVB cards

Hermann Gausterer wrote:

>hi

>the story with the sdram seems to be "never-ending" ;-)
heh... well it is an interesting topic no?

>> ah... split the CS1 line to an inverter which makes 0>1 and 1>0 So if

>> CS1 goes high (1) then CS2 goes low (0)

>> umm... that needs many changes in the firmware and the switching must

>> be done within the time spec. Still, nice idea

>look at page 13:
>there are other memory area`s the chip is accessing, not only that
single sdram
> .. and in that case, every access to the DP-RAM or the DRAM will
result in
> read/write to your "second" chip so this approuch cannout be used

AV7110's memory map reserves a 4MB block for the sd-ram divided intwo
two 2MB
banks. The second bank is not used in this case so the DSP is not aware
that
something is available there at all.

Do not pin-point on the inverted signal only. Perhaps another signal
line
could be used or a combination of two lines. What I mean is... don't
shoot the idea....yet.