[vdr] Re: CAM problems - revisited

Hi,

>I was sent a CAM module to investigate the problems some people

Just for clarification (to avoid confusion):

CAM:
(C)onditional (A)ccess (M)odule <-- This is the actual "Access" modul.

CI:
(C)am (I)nterface <-- This is what plugs into the DVB card

So what you received was not a CAM but a CI, I guess.

>have with using their CAMs in combination with the new Link Layer
>firmware. From what I have been able to see so far it would appear
>that there are different versions of the CiMAX chip built into
>these CAM modules.

Yes, but this is old news. I and several others have mentioned that
the newer CI modules also have a new CiMAX chip on them. I
thought Convergence already knew about this.

Greetz,
Reinhard

---
Mail is certified Virus Free.