[vdr] Re: CAM problems - revisited

Reinhard Walter Buchner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >I was sent a CAM module to investigate the problems some people
>
> Just for clarification (to avoid confusion):
>
> CAM:
> (C)onditional (A)ccess (M)odule <-- This is the actual "Access" modul.
>
> CI:
> (C)am (I)nterface <-- This is what plugs into the DVB card

Wouldn't this be (C)ommon (I)nterface?

> So what you received was not a CAM but a CI, I guess.
>
> >have with using their CAMs in combination with the new Link Layer
> >firmware. From what I have been able to see so far it would appear
> >that there are different versions of the CiMAX chip built into
> >these CAM modules.
>
> Yes, but this is old news. I and several others have mentioned that
> the newer CI modules also have a new CiMAX chip on them. I
> thought Convergence already knew about this.

Well, I can only speak for myself, and this is the first time I actually
got a CI with a CiMAX 2.0 to test this here.

So, can you confirm that CiMAX 1.0 works, but CiMAX 2.0 doesn't?
From the other messages (and my own tests) so far it looks like the board
revision (1.3 or 1.4) doesn't matter. Only the CiMAX 2.0 is the problem.

Klaus