[vdr] Re: SPDIF with rev 1.3 better than 2.1, or?

Gregoire Favre wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 01:58:28PM +0200, Martin Theodor Grewe wrote:
>
>> Not integrated, but you can get -real- SPDIF from the
>> cable connected outside the DVB-S rev.2.1.
>>
>> I own several rev. 1.3 and use TOSLINK to get DD etc.
>> I never checked the SPDIF of my one and only rev. 2.1 -
>> according to the technical details it should/must work.
>>
>> Rev. 1.3 SPDIF Output is TTL 0/5V -> 5Vss   -> TTL for TOSLINK
>> Rev. 2.1 SPDIF Output is -real- SPDIF 1Vss  -> COAX
>
> I am not sure whether it answer my first question ?
>
> With the rev 1.3 and the TOSLINK my receiver is not able to play 5.1
> with AC3overDVB...
> Is there a chance that it will work with a 2.1 rev?

Though I don't use it myself I remember that there were people having
problems with specific brands of receivers whereas it was working for
people with receivers from other brands. I think there was even a poll
for what receivers work and which aren't, though I think it was in the
german VDR forum www.vdrportal.de.

Cheers,
Juri