From: Rene Bartsch [mailto:ml@bartschnet.de]
Sent: Mittwoch, 18. Juni 2003 13:20
To: VDR-ML
Subject: [vdr] Re: VGA-RGB 2 SCART (WAS: Re: Increasing SDRAM on DVB
cards)

Am Mit, 2003-06-18 um 13.11 schrieb stefan@lucke.in-berlin.de:
> Zitiere Jörg Knitter <joerg.knitter@gmx.de>:
>
> > > Stefan Lucke wrote:
> > >
> > > Why do you think graphic cards have no RGB output ? Thats the normal
> > way
> > > monitors are connected to.
> > >

> > Oops, you might be right. But I still haven´t read anything about
> > connecting a VGA output directly to an RGB TV set. Don´t you have to
> > additionally set the VGA output frequency to 50 Hz? What about the
> > output resolution etc.?
>
> Thats just quiet easy (using framebuffer driver) :-)
>
> fbset my-pal-1    for PAL DVDs
> fbset my-ntsc-1   for playing NTSC DVDs
>
> It's fine with my G400 and mplayer.
>
> The feature that graphic cards MUST has is: combined H + V sync output.
> I can post modline entries when I'm back home.
>
> Stefan Lucke

See

http://www.hut.fi/Misc/Electronics/circuits/vga2tv/linux_tv.html
http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~pfeffer/tvout/			(German)
http://www.sput.nl/hardware/tv-x.html

for further information. As a lot of cheap TVs generate their
high-voltage by the signal-frequencys what could result in the
TV going up into flames with wrong modlines, you should use filters
in the cable (especially in sync-line).

Rene